Fort Collins, CO
- Edge Sports Center | 4450 Denrose Court
- Saturday, January 12th
- 8 am - 11 am
- Ages 12-18
Pitching instruction from Erika with Pitcher Perfect. She will cover the core mechanics of each pitch and demonstrate tools to build efficiency and power as a pitcher. This will be the first half of the clinic as attendees will be actively trying new drills and learning mechanics.
Coach AB with Fearless Fastpitch will take players through a Mental Coaching workshop which will cover mental strategies to understand fear, overcome failure, and create positive self-talk as an athlete. This half of the clinic will take place in a classroom like setting in which they will be guided through reflection questions and visualization.
Each attendee will walk away with:
- Pitching drills and spins to practice at home
- Fearless Workbook with strategies covered in the Workshop
- Goal cards with their own action plans for practicing new techniques
- And a few surprise bonuses!
Why the mental game matters:
- Our game is a game of failure, batters strikeout, pitchers give up home runs, fielders make errors.
- Learning failure recovery gives athletes the confidence to approach game-like situations with confidence and resiliency.
- Strategies learned translate into everyday life beyond the softball field: dealing with teammates, communicating with teachers and coaches, and being comfortable with one's own identity and positive self-talk.